The Office of Human Resources provides professional employment and benefit services to those doing the work of the Church in the Diocese of Knoxville. The department commits to fulfill its mission of employee recruitment, selection and retention in a Christ-like manner. We are pleased to provide a list of current job opportunities with the Diocese and as a service to our parishes. For more information, please contact Jennifer Mills, Director of Human Resources.
Current Job Openings
Science Teacher 6-8th Grade – St. Joseph School, Knoxville, TN
Saint Joseph School is accepting applications for Science for Grades 6th-8th for the 2020-2021 school year. Ideal candidates would be faithful Catholics, have active teaching licenses, proven experience, and strong classroom management. Multidisciplinary certifications and familiarity with the Spanish language are preferred.
Send resume to: Mr. Andy Zengel, Principal, email@example.com, Saint Joseph School 1810 Howard Drive Knoxville, TN 37918
Mission Statement: Saint Joseph School, in cooperation with parents and parish communities, teaches and nurtures the Catholic faith. We are a school dedicated to academic excellence through a curriculum that promotes the growth of the whole child and service to others – a place where we are committed to: “Holiness as a way of life.”
Administrative Assistant – St. Mary’s Legacy Clinic, Knoxville, TN
Purpose of the position: Provides administrative support to Executive Director. Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Refers patients to appropriate staff concerning queries about medicines and treatment.
· Assists in providing patient referrals and resources.
· Provides general office assistance, to include but not limited to answering phones and e-mails, generating correspondence, tracking donations, preparing public relations materials, ensuring Clinic has adequate administrative supplies in advance of each mission, supporting Board of Directors and ensuring Clinic meets State of Tennessee reporting requirements.
· Schedules appointments for the mobile clinic and answers calls for appointments.
· Orders office supplies as directed, maintains records of all purchases, reconciles credit card accounts and communicates with the financial officer as needed.
· Maintains files and database of volunteers, runs background checks and ensures that all volunteers provide all the necessary documentation, to include but not limited to applications, Virtus certificates, and current licenses as applicable.
· Organizes Volunteer Orientations and additional trainings as directed.
· Oversees scheduling of volunteers for clinic days and maintains scheduling software program.
· Maintains patient records, to include but not limited to scanning of documents, tracking of information not recorded in EHR, and generating reports as requested.
· Supports development activities of the Clinic, including but not limited to working with the Board Development Committee to enact development plans; designing and implementing newsletters; maintaining Clinic’s Facebook and website pages; and ensuring bulletin announcements regarding the Clinic are issued monthly.
· Maintains strict confidentiality.
· Assists clinicians in mobile clinic/partnership sites if needed.
· Provides administrative support to the Executive Director as needed and assigned, such as preparing correspondence, assisting with grant applications, creating reports, etc.
· Light housekeeping and cleaning of office, mobile clinic and warehouse.
· Assists with other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications:· Bachelor’s degree, Bilingual/Spanish, Must be able to take initiative within boundaries of responsibility and work independently. Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Good interpersonal skills.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Liturgical Music – All Saints Catholic Church, Knoxville
All Saints Catholic Church is seeking a Director of Liturgical Music. This is a full-time salaried position. All Saints Catholic Church offers a generous benefits package and a great working environment. Position requires an accomplished vocalist with the ability to meet evening and weekend commitments for choir rehearsals and liturgies. An ability to accompany a variety of choral and musical styles on either Keyboard or Organ is a must. Candidates must have knowledge of the various Catholic Liturgical Services and the ability to plan music for these services based on scriptural readings and liturgical seasons. The successful candidate must be outgoing, friendly, able to work well with volunteer choir and parish office staff as well as support the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Faith. We are accepting resumes through March 31, 2020. Please send resume, references and salary history to: Deacon Tim Elliott 620 North Cedar Bluff Rd. Knoxville, TN 37923
Assistant Music Director – All Saints Catholic Church, Knoxville, TN
All Saints Catholic Church is seeking an Assistant Music Director. This is a part-time hourly position, (15 – 20 hours per week) reporting to and in support of the Director of Liturgical Music. We offer a generous benefits package and a great working environment. Position requires the ability to meet some evening and weekend commitments for choir rehearsals and liturgies. An ability to accompany a variety of choirs and musical styles on either Keyboard or Organ is an advantage. This position would support the Director of Liturgical Music with additional organizational skills, scheduling and maintaining contacts and assignments. The successful candidate must be outgoing, friendly, able to work well with volunteer choir and parish office staff as well as support the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Faith. We are accepting resumes through March 31, 2020. Please send resume, references and salary history to: Deacon Tim Elliott 620 North Cedar Bluff Rd. Knoxville, TN 37923
PK – 8 Music Teacher – St. Mary School, Oak Ridge
St. Mary School in Oak Ridge, TN, announces the opening of a music position effective January 5, 2020. The position involves teaching music to students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade once a week. It is a 40% position, consisting of 2 days per week. Candidates should possess an elementary teaching degree or a degree in music, have a passion for music, and be able to help students grow in their love for music. It is preferred that the candidate have some experience teaching, and have, or be able to obtain, a valid Tennessee teaching license.
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing why they are interested in the position and an updated resume with references to Sister Marie Blanchette at email@example.com or call 865-483-9700.
Assistant Principal – Sacred Heart Cathedral School, Knoxville
Sacred Heart Cathedral School seeks its next Assistant Principal to join its senior leadership team. Reporting to the Principal, the Assistant Principal oversees the academic program of the school, collaborating with the Principal in student and faculty affairs–see job description below. Sacred Heart Cathedral School is a vibrant, diverse community with a rich legacy of excellence. Nestled in Knoxville’s historic Bearden neighborhood, it is a community of 620 students, pre-school through 8th grade.
Communications Coordinator – Catholic Charities of East Tennessee – Knoxville
Catholic Charities of East Tennessee (CCETN) has an immediate opening for a Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator position offers the opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative, and highly social individual to promote events and services for Catholic Charities of East Tennessee (CCETN). The Communications Coordinator designs, writes, and edits print, website, and social media content that engages the community. In collaboration with key leadership, the coordinator assists with logistics for events designed to enrich the mission of CCETN. The Communications Coordinator maintains a high degree of professionalism and credibility with the CCETN staff, diocesan communications staff, and the public with a high focus on building effective and positive relationships.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered.
Click Here for the full description and instructions on how to apply.
Outside Diocese of Knoxville Jobs
Principal – St Michael Catholic School, Diocese of Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
St. Michael Catholic School is searching for a principal for the 2020-2021 school year. Please click here for complete job description.
Please submit by March 13, 2020 a cover letter, resume, professional license, transcripts, and application packet (available at: charlottediocese.org/schools-office/employment-opportunities/) to:
Theresa Ramirez Catholic School Office 1123 S. Church St. Charlotte, NC 20203 704-370-3270 firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Catholic-Evangelical Relations – Glenmary Home Missioners, Cincinnati, OH
The Glenmary Home Missioners seeks a Director of Catholic-Evangelical Relations to foster reconciliation and understanding between Catholics and Evangelicals through personal relationships, through ecumenical activities, and through Web-based technology. Must be a committed Catholic (lay, ordained, or religious); well trained in Catholic Church history and theology, with at least the equivalent of a Master’s Degree; experience in, and passion for, ecumenism; and at least two years professional ministry experience. Must also be experienced and creative in using electronic media, social networking, and other forms of electronic technology. Position based in Cincinnati, Ohio with some travel. Professional salary and benefits. Send resume to: email@example.com.