Changes Ahead for 2019
Open enrollment will be held November 19, 2018 to November 30, 2018. Click on the Health Care Plan Benefits link below on the right for more Important information.
Current Diocesan Benefits
The Diocese of Knoxville offers health, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance for benefits-eligible employees. The diocese also offers a voluntary 403b retirement savings plan as well as a lay retirement pension plan.
Additionally, although not an employer-paid benefit, employees have the opportunity to purchase an individual long-term care policy at their own expense but at a discount. If you are interested, please ask your parish, school or other benefits contact for more information.
A benefits-eligible employee is one who:
- Works at least one-half of a regular workweek (usually 910 or 1,020 hours per year but at least 800 hours per year) if classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act, or
- Works at least 800 hours per year if classified as nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Benefits fully paid by your parish, school or other institution on your behalf:
- Contribution to the lay retirement plan;
- Premiums for life insurance in the amount of $50,000;
- Accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability insurance premiums.
Benefits whose contributions are shared by the employer and employee:
- Health, dental and vision insurance; and
- A 403b defined-contribution retirement account.