Welcome to the Diocese of Knoxville!
The Diocese of Knoxville offers health, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance for benefits-eligible employees. The diocese also offers a voluntary 403b retirement savings plan as well as a lay retirement pension plan.
Additionally, although not an employer-paid benefit, employees have the opportunity to purchase an individual long-term care policy at their own expense but at a discount. If you are interested, please ask your parish, school or other benefits contact for more information.
A benefits-eligible employee is one who:
- Works at least one-half of a regular workweek (usually 910 or 1,020 hours per year but at least 800 hours per year) if classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act, or
- Works at least 800 hours per year if classified as nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Benefits fully paid by your parish, school or other institution on your behalf:
- Contribution to the lay retirement plan;
- Premiums for life insurance in the amount of $50,000;
- Accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability insurance premiums.
Benefits whose contributions are shared by the employer and employee:
- Health, dental and vision insurance; and
- A 403b defined-contribution retirement account.
For a 2017 summary of employee benefits, click here.