7690 Creekwood Park Blvd
Lenoir City, TN 37772
The St. John Paul II Commission recommended that the Confirmation program being moved to 5th or 6th grade depending on the parish would provide the regular Religious education for students at the parish level. Those who attend Catholic Schools would be covered by the recommendation. The Confirmation aspect of this would be covered by bringing all Parish and school students together for a Diocesan sponsored Confirmation retreat and a retreat would be offered in each of the four deaneries of the diocese. To meet this need we have coordinated with local parishes to host these events with expected attendance of 400 participants in each.
The primary focus:
1. A kerygmatic proclamation of the Gospel.
2. Exposing youth to the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Creating a sense of joy and community in the context of our Catholic Faith.
4. Encouraging a sense of discernment about the call to Confirmation.
Our basic vision for this event:
• The one day event would start mid morning and conclude with the vigil Mass.
• The basic format of the event would mimic a late night talk show format with special
guests and interactive games.
• The beginning of the day would be structured to build energy and engagement
through music, videos, group challenges, mobile interaction, and up front games.
• Prior to lunch there should be a keynote session that presents the basic Gospel
Message accompanied by an interview with local young people who can share their
experience of encounter with God.
• During lunch, parish leaders should facilitate a guided discussion with their youth
about the opening keynote.
• After lunch, we’ll return with high energy engagement through music, games and
• Keynote 2 will focus on Confirmation as a response to the Gospel message and the role
of the Spirit in Confirmation (and other Sacraments of Initiation). Followed by an
interview/witness with local young people.
• Keynote 3 will focus on the challenge of discipleship and how the gifts and power of
the Holy Spirit strengthen us in that challenge.
• We’ll then lead young people into a time of prayer and worship focused on the gifts of
the Holy Spirit that leads straight into Mass.
10:00am Doors Open / Countdown Begins
10:10am Opening Set from Band
10:40am Crowd Games
11:00am Speaker Introduction*
11:10am Keynote 1 (Basic Gospel Message)
11:50am Talkback Session / Witness
12:20pm Lunch Break / Discussion
1:10pm Set from Band
1:30pm Crowd Games
1:50pm Speaker Introduction*
2:00pm Keynote 2 (Confirmation as Response to the Gospel)
2:40pm Talkback Session / Witness
3:10pm Speaker Introduction*
3:20pm Keynote 3 (Discipleship and the Power of the Holy Spirit)
4:00pm Talkback Session / Witness
4:30pm Prayer / Worship
All individual registration forms and payments should go to your Parish Confirmation Coordinator
Required Registration Forms:
Parish Registration Procedure:
Parish Confirmation Coordinator: after collecting all documents and payment from participants
805 S. Northshore Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Deadline for Registration is January 13, 2018