To comply with the USCCB Charter and Norms, the Diocese of Knoxville’s Safe Environment program requires employees and volunteers to:
• Both pass a background check and sign the DOK Sexual Misconduct Policy prior to beginning work or volunteering.
• Attend a Protecting God’s Children session within 30 days of beginning employment or volunteering. Click here to register.
Diocesan policies and procedures related to creating a Safe Environment:
• Diocesan Policy and Procedures Relating to Sexual Misconduct
• Política y Procedimientos Relacionados a la Mala Conducta Sexual
• Recursos de la Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos (USCCB) para la Protección de los Niños y Jóvenes
• Code of Pastoral Conduct for Priests, Deacons, Pastoral ministers, Administrators, Staff, and Volunteers.
• Policy for Responding to Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
• Diocesan Review Board Bylaws.
• Letter from Bishop Stika recommitting to complying with the diocese’s Policy and Procedures Relating to Sexual Misconduct (en Español)
Report Sexual Abuse – Diocese of Knoxville procedure for reporting sexual abuse.
More information about Safe Environment, including the Child Protection Curriculum can be found here.