The Office of Christian Formation “is the means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Directory for Catechesis, No. 265). The Office of Christian Formation assists the diocesan bishop in his role as the chief catechist by
- coordinating faith-formation endeavors for people of all ages within our parishes and schools
- educating and certifying catechists
- providing ongoing meetings with directors of religious education
- consulting on the selection of religious-education textbooks and resource materials assessments
- implementing guidelines for lifelong parish catechesis and sacramental preparation
- sponsoring distance learning opportunities with Catholic universities
There will be 3 regional meetings for RCIA Coordinators and Teams the same as last year; you are asked to choose ONE that is most convenient for you. The programs will be the same in each location. This year we will focus on the CATECHUMENATE.
RCIA Conference Dates to Remember
September 27, 2014 - St. Mary Church, Athens
November 8, 2014 - St. Mary Church, Johnson City
January 17, 2015 – Immaculate Conception Church, Knoxville
June 13, 2015 - All Diocesan Conference – St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Lenoir City
NEW: Read the apostolic exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel), written by the Holy Father, Pope Francis.