The Office of Christian Formation “is the means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Directory for Catechesis, No. 265). The Office of Christian Formation assists the diocesan bishop in his role as the chief catechist by
- coordinating faith-formation endeavors for people of all ages within our parishes and schools
- educating and certifying catechists
- providing ongoing meetings with directors of religious education
- consulting on the selection of religious-education textbooks and resource materials assessments
- implementing guidelines for lifelong parish catechesis and sacramental preparation
- sponsoring distance learning opportunities with Catholic universities
RCIA Summer Conference 2016
June 18, 2016 – All Diocesan Conference – St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Lenoir City
“Mystagogia: The Misunderstood Step-child of the RCIA”
Keynote Speaker: Mary Birmingham, MA Liturgy and Theology, St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
Information regarding registration can be found here.
RITE of ELECTION
February 13 and 14, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cathedral
Five Rivers Deanery
Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 5:15 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cathedral
Cumberland Mountain Deanery
Smoky Mountain Deanery
MASS and SENDING of the NEOPHYTES
May 15, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cathedral
For a list of Adult Faith Formation resources, click here.
For a list of DVD resources available for loan, click here. Contact Sr. Mary Timothea if your parish is interested in checking out any of these items.
Read the apostolic exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel), written by the Holy Father, Pope Francis.