The Office of Christian Formation “is the means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Directory for Catechesis, No. 265). The Office of Christian Formation assists the diocesan bishop in his role as the chief catechist by
- coordinating faith-formation endeavors for people of all ages within our parishes and schools
- educating and certifying catechists
- providing ongoing meetings with directors of religious education
- consulting on the selection of religious-education textbooks and resource materials assessments
- implementing guidelines for lifelong parish catechesis and sacramental preparation
- sponsoring distance learning opportunities with Catholic universities
MASS AND SENDING OF THE NEOPHYTES
Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cathedral
RCIA ALL-DIOCESAN CONFERENCE
The RCIA All-Diocesan Summer Conference for 2015 “Living Our Faith Fearlessly Faithfully Fruitfully” will be held on June 13 at St. Thomas the Apostle Parish in Lenoir City. You may register by emailing Chris Kite at email@example.com or by printing and mailing the registration form found here.
For a list of Adult Faith Formation resources, click here.