The Office of Christian Formation “is the means which the bishop as head of the community and teacher of doctrine utilizes to direct and moderate all the catechetical activities of the diocese” (General Directory for Catechesis, No. 265). The Office of Christian Formation assists the diocesan bishop in his role as the chief catechist by
- coordinating faith-formation endeavors for people of all ages within our parishes and schools
- educating and certifying catechists
- providing ongoing meetings with directors of religious education
- consulting on the selection of religious-education textbooks and resource materials assessments
- implementing guidelines for lifelong parish catechesis and sacramental preparation
- sponsoring distance learning opportunities with Catholic universities
RCIA Conference Fall/Winter 2015-2016
October 17, 2015 – St. Mary Church, Athens
November 21, 2015 – Notre Dame, Greeneville
January 9, 2016 – All Saints, Knoxville
Registration forms for RCIA Fall/Winter Conference can be found here
June 18, 2016 – All Diocesan Conference – St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Lenoir City
RCIA Coordinators, please select the date and place most convenient to you.
Members of your RCIA Teams are encouraged to come as well.
More information regarding registration will follow.
RITE of ELECTION
February 13 and 14, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Five Rivers Deanery
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Cumberland Mountain Deanery
Smoky Mountain Deanery
MASS and SENDING of the NEOPHYTES
May 15, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Cathedral
Form and Instructions for the Adult Confirmation Mass on September 13, 2015 can be found here. Affidavit of Baptism form can be found here.
Directions for Confirmation Candidates and Sponsors can be found here.
For a list of Adult Faith Formation resources, click here.
Read the apostolic exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel), written by the Holy Father, Pope Francis.